Wednesday, October 22, 2008

CWILL pronounced CWILL

Two weeks ago I was putting my bizz on display for the annual CWILL Fall Harvest at the VPL. It was a good chance to promote YBs in a more informal way. There were lots of kids, parents, teachers and some random folks showing good support for local talent in the publishing world.

I wasn't sure how to go about setting up my table and I was sweating a bit on how to verbally promote my book in 9o sec. or less. Yikes! Luckily no one that went up to the podium before me actually stuck to the time limit so it really eased the pressure.

Can you believe that I couldn't find yellow boots anywhere in the city?! Talk about parody.

I put the poster together the night before - felt like I was in Junior High and getting ready for the science fair. With all the frustration of cutting pasting and glue that wouldn't stick. The coloring sheets were fun to make. Shout out to the boys at Six Cents Press for the dope buttons.



Everything went pretty well and I think that my first CWILL experience was an overall success. It was great meeting other writers and illustrators and getting a chance to see how other minds work and wander. I got a chance to meet some fellow CWILL event first timers and some vets like Meomi - the minds behind the 2010 Olympic mascots.

Someone did snatch my Raincoast Spring catalog though...weird. Maybe they thought it was a copy of the book. I guess the fact that it is titled Raincoast Books and not Yellow Blues wasn't as dead a giveaway as one might think....? Enjoy!


Next event in a couple weeks at Hycroft Manor, apparently I get 2 minutes this time. I'll keep you posted.

Peace

No comments: