Monday, August 4, 2008

Still Standing

I wrote this back in January when all the Raincoast bizz went down but never got around to publishing it. So if ya' don't know, now ya' know.

"One day your cruisin' in ya seven
Next day your sweatin' forgetin' your lies
Alibis ain't matchin' up, bull*#@! catchin' up
Hit with the rico, they repo your vehicle
Everything was all good just a week ago..."

- Shawn Carter "Dead Presidents (Pt 1)"

Yes it's true. Come Spring, Raincoast Publishing will be no more. But it's all good! Yellow Blues is still a go and will be released as scheduled along with the rest of the Spring titles. The down side being that a re-printing and paperback printing are up in the air.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/books/story/2008/01/08/raincoast-cut-publish.html?ref=rss
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/291881

All that said, I'm gonna keep on keepin' on like Curtis Mayfield. Book #4 is already completely done and ready for edit. It will most likely be published with Simply Read as originally planned. Raincoast didn't have much interest in it anyway. It's call "Western S'ghetti" - for now (word to my big cous'-in-law, Alison). Keep your ears to the grindstone.




I want to thank my family and friends for their concern once they heard Raincoast's announcement. I promise, As long as I can draw and write, I will get my work out there.

Peace.

1 comment:

Jo-Ann said...

Sean,
Thanks for your comment on my blog regarding review of Yellow Blues. Look forward to seeing your next book.
Good Luck, Jo-Ann