Friday, July 27, 2007

Three down, the world to go!

These are the respective covers for my first three children's books. "Always Run Up The Stairs" and "Veggies Smeggies" were both published with Simply Read Books in 2004 and 2006 respectively. My third book will be published with Raincoast Books, due in Spring 2008.


ARUTS was my first crack at the Kids Books thing. I enjoyed it so much that I haven't been able to stop.


Veggies was my sophmore effort. I was really determined to strengthen my writing and come big with the illustrations and colors.


The illustrations were recieved well, the writing, not so hot so. But aside from an unfriendly review, every parent and child I know who owns it likes it. That's what matters to me in the end. Although I do respect the fact that I have a lot of growing to do as an Author/Illustrator. Time will tell, and I'm only just getting started. Philippa Sheppard is my idol!


Here's a preliminary drawing for "Yellow Blues"...I hope Ms. Sheppard likes it.

No comments: